- Teaching Activity
- School Board
- Students Info
- CSC Fellowships
To the students of the Course in Biosciences
The teaching activity of the PhD program will be organized according to the following lines.
1) Each year the Course will organize some courses of general interest, while others will be organized within each PhD curriculum.
2) During the entire duration of the PhD, students have to attend a total of 3 courses, ideally 2 during the first year and 1 during the second year. Students with particular needs can decide to replace one or more of the courses with others selected from University programs or from other Doctorate Courses. In all cases, however, the chosen didactic activity must have the agreement of the Coordinator and the Tutor.
3) Courses on “Scientific English” organized by the Course or by the University are optional and additional to the three courses to attend.
Teaching activity 2017
(Note that this program might be changed. Please check it regularly for updates).
• Natasha Raikhel's Lectures. 6 hours. Polo Vallisneri, Room G mezzanine floor, east side. 11:00 a.m.
January 23, 2017: From Cell Biology to Chemical Genomics--a Personal Journey.
January 24, 2017: a) power of Various "Omics".
b) Endoplasmic Reticulum.
January 31, 2017: Golgi Apparatus, Vacuole and Endosomes.
February 7, 2017: Chemical Biology Reveals Insights into endomembrane Trafficking in Plants.
• Basics of image analysis with ImageJ. Prof. Francesco Argenton. 10 hours. Botta Building, Bioinformatics room B.
23/03/2017, 8:30 (1 hour), Imaging
27/03/2017, 9:30 (2 hours), Imaging
28/03/2017, 8:30 (1 hour), Imaging
29/03/2017, 8:30 (1hour), Imaging
30/03/2017, 8:30 (1 hour), Imaging
03/04/2017, 9:30 (2 hours), Imaging
04/04/2017, 8:30 (1 hour), Imaging
05/04/2017, 8:30 (1 hour), Imaging
• Enhancing gender awareness in scientific research. Proff. Silvana Badaloni, Lucia Manni. 8 hours. Polo Vallisneri, Room L mezzanine floor, east side.
• 25/05/2017, 9:00 - 13:00,
• 26/05/2017, 14:00 - 18:00,
• Data analysis, manipulation and presentation in Biology: A primer in the use of R. Prof. Mauro Zordan. 16 hours. Second half of May - before mid June.
Seminar cycles and Symposia
Journal Club Biochemistry and Biotechnology curriculum, organizer Prof. F. Lo Schiavo.
Journal Club Cell Biology and Physiology curriculum, organizer Prof. E. Reddi.
Journal Club Evolution, Ecology and Conservation curriculum, organizer Prof. L. Congiu.
Journal Club Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics curriculum, organizer Prof. F. Argenton.