- Teaching Activity
- School Board
- Students Info
- CSC Fellowships
To the students of the Course in Biosciences
The teaching activity of the PhD program will be organized according to the following lines.
1) Each year the Course will organize some courses of general interest, while others will be organized within each PhD curriculum.
2) During the entire duration of the PhD, students have to attend a total of 3 courses, ideally 2 during the first year and 1 during the second year. Students with particular needs can decide to replace one or more of the courses with others selected from University programs or from other Doctorate Courses. In all cases, however, the chosen didactic activity must have the agreement of the Coordinator and the Tutor.
3) Courses on “Scientific English” organized by the Course or by the University are optional and additional to the three courses to attend.
(Note that this program might be changed. Please check it regularly for updates).
• Basics of image analysis with ImageJ. Prof. Francesco Argenton. 5-17 March, Botta Building.
• Enhancing gender awareness in scientific research. Prof. Lucia Manni. By the first half of May.
• Data analysis, manipulation and presentation in Biology: A primer in the use of R. Prof. Mauro Zordan.
Seminar cycles and Symposia
Journal Club Biochemistry and Biotechnology curriculum, organizer Prof. F. Lo Schiavo.
Journal Club Cell Biology and Physiology curriculum, organizer Prof. E. Greggio.
Journal Club Evolution, Ecology and Conservation curriculum, organizer Prof. M. Griggio.
Journal Club Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics curriculum, organizer Prof. F. Argenton.